The most inspiring leaders and employers understand that professional development requires personal development too.
With technology changing the way we work and creating more demands and distractions than ever before, it’s not easy to stay focussed, productive and deliver sustained high performance in the modern workplace. And as high-achieving employees increasingly seek purpose and alignment in values from their career, a narrow view of career development is no longer sufficient to retain talent or maintain engagement.
Being a visionary, thought leader, game changer or a high-performer demands personal mastery - the self-awareness and emotional intelligence to deeply know yourself, actively leverage your strengths, and consciously adopt the optimal mindset and behaviours for success.
I support leaders and organisations to develop a more authentic and intentional way of leading and living. I do my best work with leaders and organisations who believe that encouraging people to bring their whole self to work enables them maximise their unique talents, realise their full potential and increase their engagement and performance.
I frequently provide coaching and facilitate workshops for:
- Mid to senior level managers and leaders
- Emerging managers (stepping up to a leadership role, or recently promoted)
- Professional women at all levels
Common coaching topics (examples)
- 360 feedback debrief
- Purpose and vision
- Career planning
- Authentic leadership style
- Delegating, coaching and managing teams
- Building trust in relationships; managing upwards
- Giving and receiving feedback
- Effective communication at work
- Focus and productivity
- Identifying and leveraging strengths
- Decision-making and problem solving
- Work-life balance or integration
- Energy and stress management
- Resilience and confidence
- Moving past perfectionism
- Women’s leadership
Coaching approach and style
I act as a thought partner and offer a confidential, safe space where leaders can regularly take time out to focus, strategically reflect on key issues and develop actionable solutions. I help them dive deep, consider new perspectives, make real change and get tangible results - with positive impact on the individual, their teams and everyone they interact with inside and outside your organisation.
My coaching approach blends the head and the heart; knowledge and intuition; reflection and action. I draw on research-based findings in strengths, positive psychology and neuroscience to share practical strategies with my clients.
Clients often say how much they appreciate the fact I understand the corporate world. I come from a data-driven, analytical, problem solving and results-focussed business background. I spent over a decade at a top tier management consulting firm working on strategy and performance improvement projects in Australia, Asia, UK and USA. I’ve advised senior executives and business leaders on their most critical business problems and facilitated change in complex organisations.
I’ve also held a leadership role with responsibility for the professional development of high achievers, helping them accelerate their careers and flourish in a high performing organisation.
As the leader of a women’s leadership development program, I defined an organisational strategy to enable professional women to thrive in a traditionally masculine industry, and designed and facilitated events to inspire and educate women.
All of this I integrate and draw from depending on the unique needs and objectives of your organisation and the individuals I work with.
Coaching engagement structure
- Regular sessions every 2-4 weeks
- Conducted by phone/Skype, or in person in Melbourne
- Typical engagements are 4-6 months. Customised engagements are available
Workshop facilitation and leadership programs
I can tailor and deliver a targeted program (e.g. for emerging managers or high potential females) on leadership development, confidence, energy and engagement, or workplace wellbeing.
I also provide one-off workshops and training sessions for small groups on topics such as:
- Unleashing your superpowers (discovering and owning your strengths)
- Maximising your energy (why managing your four sources of energy is more powerful than managing your time)
- The truth about confidence (master the three pillars of genuine confidence - no need to fake it til you make it!)
- Inclusive leadership (creating a safe space and supportive environment that enable all employees to thrive)
- Finding fulfilment (redefining success)
What others are saying
You can view more perspectives from others here.
My professional qualifications include:
- Accredited organisational coach (Level Three) with the Institute of Executive Coaching and Leadership, who are recognised as the leading provider of coaching and leadership development in the Asia Pacific region
- Over 10 years’ experience with a top tier management consulting firm in various consulting and people development roles:
- Management Consultant (starting as a Associate Consultant before becoming a Principal after several promotions)
- Head of Professional Development and Staffing for all consulting staff in Australia
- Program Manager for the women’s leadership development program in Australia
- Bachelor of Commerce, Bachelor of Law (Hons) and Bachelor of Information Systems from The University of Melbourne
Let's talk about how I can help you and your organisation
To start a conversation, please send me a message using the form below or email me directly (details are on the Contact page).